What candle wax do you use?
I use a coconut natural blend wax which is blended in Europe and is made from rapeseed oil and coconut oil and nothing else. It is completely free from paraffin, soy, palm, beeswax and synthetic additives.
Why are there holes and a bumpy surface on my candle once it resets after a burn?
This is very common and normal! When using an eco-friendly wax this can happen, and it is a good indicator that the candle you have is all natural. It does not affect the performance of your candle.
Are your candles vegan?
I have carefully selected supply chain partners that offer both vegan friendly and cruelty free products and I only use these. I have chosen everything from the wax, fragrance oils, wicks, container labels including vegan ink and glue dots in my choices when making our candles. However, if you are unsure about anything please get in touch with us and I would be happy to chat with you.
Honesty Candle Co is against any form of animal testing or cruelty.
In what way are you eco-conscious?
I don't claim to be completely environmentally friendly unfortunately but where I can, I try to source and use recycled materials. This includes our packaging which may be re-used from our suppliers and our labels which are recycled paper. In addition, I chose our coconut wax blend owing to its environmentally friendly credentials.
I am also proud to support Just One Tree, a non-profit organisation that help supports reforestation and other environmental projects. For each candle sold, a tree is planted on our behalf.
Do I need to trim my wick?
You should always trim your wick before each burn. If your candle wick is too long it can cause smoking, the flame can get high sometimes and it will and burn the sides of your container. I recommend using a wick trimmer, but small scissors are fine too. Make sure to only trim your wick once the wax has cooled.
Something went wrong with my candle, what can I do?
In the unlikely event you have an issue with your candle please contact us and I will be only too happy to help.
Shipping & Returns
I currently use Royal Mail for shipping our candles and only ship to the UK Mainland for the time being. I hope to be able to ship to the ROI and internationally from 2022.
Shipping costs for items up to 2kg cost £3.80 and for anything up to 2kg is £5.57 (First Class)
Please note, delivery costs are subject to change in line with Royal Mail price changes.
If you require a bulk order, please contact us for a postage quote. In some cases, I am able to use a courier if needed.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your Honesty candle, I would be happy to give you a refund within 14 days from purchase. Refunds will be processed to the original payment method, once the item has been returned to us, undamaged and in a saleable condition.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance and I will then start the refund process.
Please note, it is the buyer's responsibility to pay for returns postage, and shipping costs are non-refundable. As I can only guarantee a refund once I receive your item, I recommend using a tracked postal service. I also recommend taking care to wrap fragile items carefully, as I can't process returns for items that are damaged on their return to us.
Unfortunately, I am unable to offer refunds or returns on sale items or for any purchases older than 14 days.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
1. Never leave your candle unattended
2. Try to burn your candle for 4 hours on the first burn to allow the wax to melt to the full diameter of your container. This will prevent what I call ‘Tunneling’ whereby the wax doesn’t melt to the diameter of the container and then on the next burn it stays within that ‘ring.’ However, often as a candle burns down lower it gets hotter and the wax on the sides will usually catch up.
3. Always trim your wick after each burn and before re-lighting it again. This allows for the flame to remain a good size and reduces any chance of ‘mushrooming’ of the flame tip, smoking and the flame getting too high.
4. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
5. Don't burn your candle where there may be drafts as this will affect the strength of your candle scent when burning, and your ability to smell it.
6. Make sure your candle is on a stable and heat resistant surface away from flammable materials.
7. Do not allow your candle to burn right down to the base of the container, always leave ¾ cm of wax at the end. This is for safety reasons as your container base is likely to be very hot as the wax is consumed.